Students are admitted to class I. Application for this class is ordinarily taken three months prior to the commencement of the academic year. The dates of application are announced every year on the School Notice Board and also through various means of communication. The academic year begins in the first week of April. Normally, casual vacancies in other classes are filled in after the commencement of the academic year.
All students applying for admission are normally asked to appear for an admission test and an interview.
After the test and interview, the school authorities make the selection of candidates as per the rules. The decision of the school authorities in the matter of selection of candidates will be final and parents/guardians, when they apply for their child’s admission to Brilliant Public School are requested to accept this decision as final.
An affidavit stating the date of birth should be submitted at the time of admission. The candidate should have completed five years before he/she begins the academic year in class I. No further change will be made once this date has been registered in the school records.
Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of the candidate’s mental ability and the educability of the candidate at Brilliant Public School.
Apart from the minimum qualification prescribed by the Central Board, the school has its own norms of eligibility for admission. Eligibility will depend on the following :
- Promotions are granted on the basis of the whole year’s work; hence the importance of regularity in work and performance in the examinations are essential.
- For students of class I to VIII, by way of preparation for their examination will be on comprehensive pattern covering the whole year. Promotions will be based on the requirement of attendance, Formative and Summative Evaluation (year’s average of two terminal examinations).
- In the lower standards the students must have at least 40% in all terminals as well as final examinations. Any student, however, who in the opinion of the principal is not ready for the next standard, shall be detained.
- A student who fails twice in the same class or who is above average age fails in different classes will not be permitted to continue his/her studies in the school.
- If a student has to leave the school the Transfer Certificates issued after the final examination will state clearly that the student was “Promoted” or “Not Promoted” according to the actual results.
- A student who shows no signs of improvement or who fails twice during the course of his/her studies in the school shall not be permitted to continue his/her studies in the school.
- The results declared at the end of the year are final and cannot be reconsidered.
The Medium of Instruction
From the year 2009, we have fully adopted English as the medium of instruction at Brilliant Public School.
Co-education, for the proper emotional development and integration of the students has always been fondly desirable. So right from its inception Brilliant Public School has remained a Co-educational school.